"Taxini ta spaei" is a wholesome, nutritious food, made exclusively of unhulled, slightly roasted and ground sesame seeds. Unhulled sesame seeds, gives tahini a distinctive taste and aroma different from the one of plain light tahini, while leaving its nutritional value intact.
Tahini is of plant origin and can be consumed by vegetarians
Tahini "ta spaei"is rich in protein & fiber and even better, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals!
Tahini has a 20% of protein content and 1 serving (25gramms) provides 80% of your daily thiamin needs, 24% of magnesium, 50% of iron, and 43% of calcium. That same serving contains also 150 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates and 12 grams of lipids(0grams of cholesterol)
But don't be alarmed by the amount of fat because only 2 out of the 16 grams are saturated, the rest are mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, known to be beneficial to the heart and overall health. Moreover the high calorie intake is to your benefit, because those are quality calories that will deliver energy to your body.
Health benefits of tahini:
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- It has 20% complete protein, which helps to maintain muscle tone
- It's a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium out there.
- It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Prevent anemia.
- It's easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
- It is high in unsaturated fat (good fat!)